April 1, 2016 |Gold & Platinum
RIAA Gold & Platinum Program Recognizes Florida Georgia Line As First And Only Country Act To Earn Prestigious Digital Diamond Award
The Recording Industry Association Of America (RIAA) today recognized Big Machine Records duo Florida Georgia Line as the first and only country genre act in RIAA Gold & Platinum history to earn a prestigious Diamond Award for a song – “Cruise” (BMX, 2012) at 10X Multi-Platinum.The presentation took place at the band’s “Anything Goes #1 Party” at Las Vegas’s Skyfall lounge, April 1, 2016.
Photo Credit: Justin Mrusek; L to R: Tyler Hubbard, Jonathan Lamy (RIAA), Brian Kelley
“Congrats guys on a truly historic achievement,” said Jonathan Lamy, Executive Vice President, Communications and Marketing, RIAA. “You will forever be known in the history of the Gold & Platinum Program for earning the first ever Diamond Award for a country song. That’s an incredible feat that speaks to the power of your music and connection to your fans. Congratulations from all of us at the RIAA.”
Additional RIAA Gold & Platinum Program and Florida Georgia Line Accolades:
- Florida Georgia Line is the only country genre act in RIAA Gold & Platinum history to earn a Diamond Award for a song – “Cruise” (BMX, 2012) at 10X Multi-Platinum.
- Florida Georgia Line is one of eight total artists ever to earn a Diamond Award for a song. (Others are Elton John, Eminem, Imagine Dragons, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.)
- FGL’s digital single certifications surpass the 24 million threshold counting downloads and streams and spanning 10 separate songs.
- Eight of FGL’s 10 certified songs are Platinum or higher, and six of those eight are Multi-Platinum certified.
- Both FGL studio albums are RIAA certified: “Here’s to the Good Times” (Republic Nashville, 2012) is 2X Multi-Platinum and “Anything Goes” (Republic Nashville, 2014) is Platinum.